Feb 26, 2011

Back on the Feet, Owl Flight, Missing the Wheels

Back on my feet today, with a Kodog walk.

Rare sight tonight — a large owl hunting in the dark, very active on the chase after something. Darting across the road at high speed.
Photo by Nikographer Jon http://www.flickr.com/photos/-jon-/

Saw the wing feathers backlit by a street lamp as it flashed by. Low flying, a little alarming, I wondered for a moment if it might go after my fleece hat behind the hedge, or even Koda, it was so low, so close and so definitely on a mission. I swear I heard some vocalizations but which creature they came from, I have no idea. (I'm assuming our local red tail hawk doesn't hunt at night).

DT Swiss 1.1 Rear Wheel

After two weeks laid low by a type of bronchitis, this was a welcome outing. The prednisone had become necessary, last Monday, about 5 days into the Levaquin, as the cough was still off the hook.

Resumed physical therapy for the neck today, hard to tell if it helped or hindered. The muscle work definitely makes the muscles sore, and that in turn compresses the discs more, and increases the nerve aggravation. Should be less harsh tomorrow.

Lots of arm and finger tingling when walking or getting up and vertical. The legs really felt it today during just a short 3-hill walk. A touch wobbly. Still good to be out and about even if only for 20 minutes.

TERRYB's Blogs
Checking up on cycling forums read a great blog at:

tbaroundtheworld

Pick just about any spot in Terry B's travels in China and enjoy a fine writer, avid cyclist and traveler.

Here's one of his photos from Chengdu. Can't recommend highly enough for a good read.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgr-HbCvUyx13msMe1V5iuDcngspD0sqFPtjai_wle83oRXdpdaBAbnMTxnhML8Id8aoM068B2-w_NVNMG-GJPYzE49LY0OBFQC-pct3bJUUxkfNYTYLW0kdCWdHeE4U02P-_dlWf_wOKk/s1600/IMG_6116.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment