"New York is the new surfing frontier ... in the world. That's it." — Kelly Slater.
"I've never, ever, been to a surfing event where the locals were this supportive and nice to us." company rep or official.

Surfer's Path Report:
http://surferspath.mpora.com/video/york-perfect-quik-pro-owens-wins.html

One thing's for sure, the Surfer's Path issue that covers this event will be one that every local surfer will want a copy of.
Unless you work in the city, good luck finding a newsstand that has it. My local source was Borders, which went belly up this year. I better get my subscription in, now that my source, Borders, has gone. I can't leave it to chance at B&N on old country rd.
Anyway the cinematography and coverage here is a treat.
Surfer's Path Quiksilver Pro New York -- Video
Our man on the beach, Lenny the Squid, went Friday a.m. and said the turnout was weak. But it's clear from the video that the contest had some fairly epic crowds. And a few good waves here and there.

No comments:
Post a Comment