Jan 20, 2013

When is a calorie not just a calorie?

In the various fora that I belong to, a lot of folk are on various quests to lose weight. I've been pursuing one myself for years, and it's been a real roller-coaster ride, and all I can say is I'm down 20# from my high on Thanksgiving 2006.

But there were times I nearly gained it all back.

Sure, I count calories in and calories out, these days using an App called Lose It , but working with a nutritionist last year helped me fine tune things a little better, and to keep me on the right track.

Here's a little more research, that I find I often refer folk to who are interested, not just in counting calories, but also in what they are eating and how it affects their ability to lose weight.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2012/06/when-a-calorie-is-not-just-a-calorie/

No comments:

Post a Comment