![]() |
| Glenwood Landing looking west after a good evening's paddle. |
So with no bike riding going on, I have just managed only to get in a mile run /walk a few times a week in between dog walks. Priorities, you know. ... when you have a dog, and an active one at that, she or he has to get her major walks in ...
But tonight I got out at an hour most mortals do around 6, and hit the nearest body of coastal water. Murky and dark it was, heavy out going current with a solid following wind. Fortunately it was coming off land so the water was just calm enough. Upwind was the expected noisy slogfest into the current and the wind. Made surprisingly good pace considering, though not enough to keep up with the skull crews.
Downwind might have been a different story. Now I was my own sail. Effortless paddling with the wind and the current. Almost too much, since any leeway I made past my point of origin was going to require 4X as much time paddling back. But I needed a paddle workout, and I got one. Ahhh, that was good.


No comments:
Post a Comment