![]() |
| Looks like there might be some above normal temps into early January for the Northeast and West — but a cold snap for Texas and its neighbors ... if this graphic prediction from NOAA can be believed. |
So the riding season for me is not headed indoors just yet ... at least depending on my temperature threshold on any given weekend.
How's the riding weather by you? Still cycling, surfing, windsurfing, SUPing?
Coming off a slow week for exercise — monday, tuesday good; wednesday through saturday, bad. I had to get the aerobics happening somehow. Left it too late for MTB, so headed out locally on the road and small local trail.
In this weather I tend to pull out the MTB and head for the hills or the trail for the maximum work in the minimum time in the cold or wind. Hills give shelter and a workout — even if the average speed numbers get trashed.
Inexplicably, after a relatively restful Saturday, I did not have a lot of mustard in my spin today. Maybe not enough sleep? Maybe the first taste of cold-air cycling. Either way, I muscled the 31-lb MTB up the nearest steepest hill, and pumped out an uphill sprint or two. Maybe it was just one, but I could swear there were two.


No comments:
Post a Comment