Dec 8, 2014

Early Birds Flap, Late Shift Wrap


Don't be fooled. it's really cold. End of a stealth Noreasterly
for Upwind Mike - last off the water at CIB.
 This was a day to leave the bike in the basement and or the garage and get out the wind-powered water bike. Just too cold and windy for two wheels. So we try to outrun the wind, on the water while it's still not frozen.

 Upwind Mike rolls up his 5.8 at the end of the CIB late shift. The early birds of dawn definitely got the worm. And everybody enjoyed the balmy 35 F temperatures and 25 mph winds -- well maybe more like 13-20 at the end of the afternoon.

Jeannie outlasted her Psycho which got binned.

Jeannie was here. Pity the sail that can't
stand up to the thrashing Miss J dishes out.
 Thanks goodness there are better materials that monofilm these days. Nice and stiff material for  foil that flexes in all the right places, but the UV and scratches really take a toll.

 That's not to say that folk shouldn't sail what they want: in large sails mono = lightness and responsiveness -- so of course not. Come to think of it, I still also have a few monofilm Gaastras that keep on ticking, too. great sails (I've never ridden a Gaastra sail I didn't like.)

 But I do have a garage-full of busted monofilm rigs from the 1990s and early 2000s. Only buying lightweight scrim and such like from now on. 2nd-hand at that.



No comments:

Post a Comment