Aug 28, 2016

It's what you make of it ...

Town dock can be kind of loud, people passing by in all directions, conversations everywhere, music blaring out of cars and boats, almost like new york city in a lowercase way. And as the light fades you can see the twinkle of some of NYC's bridges and skyscrapers in the distance if the humidity is low and your prescription or eyesight is good enough.

But with a sunset view like this, it's easier to filter out the commotion ...

Bike take you to places that never seem to get old.
 I can't believe I got jaded to the town dock experience for as long as I did. In the work rut I missed thousands of sunsets, paid them scant notice. And windsurfing sunsets were of a different ilk .. more charismatic and energized than calm and contemplative.

Lost the sweatband - time to crack out
the pirate bandana. 
This was much enjoyed moment after a day of working on porch flooring in the heat. But I can't complain, it was fun, as was this noontime's ride to the end of the point.

Of course, where would we be if we had not kicked things off properly on hot and steamy Friday evening on the porch with an ice cold vermont cider. The mighty Woodchuck. As viewed by the mighty BoZena.
So ... is that for me? No? OK will you at least
 leave me some? No? Then let me taste, just a drop?


Checking for fit. Fits mostly. The work that goes into fixing
or restoring is sometimes a lot more than what goes into
originally creating. This was harder than it looked.  


"M. is cracking me up. That's enough
selfies -- get back to work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment