With an appointment at 11 a.m. This had to be a quickie, with the max exertion.
So I took to the local "hill from hell" — Longview, and put in as much out of the saddle climbing on any of the nearby slopes as possible to work up the HR and generate a sweat quickly.
I planned a little off-road MTB excursion to a small section of MTB-worthy trail, so I took Robby's Kona Blast Hardtail.
He's not riding MTB much and his tires could use an upgrade — so rather than waste what's left of my good
Continental Vertical Pros on road — a crime to MTB tires — I tried to add some wear to his Nokian NBTs which are too narrow and not grippy enough for the technical gravel and roots of Stillwell, at least for my liking.
Find more Bike Ride in Port Washington, NY
I packed a bike lock in case I rode to the appointment late. Really noticed the extra weight of the lock and the MTB ... the crest of the hill was downright nasty...in other words "great stuff" if you like longish Cat 4-5 climbs.
It's steep enough for higher (lower) categories, but probably not long enough to qualify.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment