Jun 3, 2012

You Schnooze, You Loo.. You Ride the Road

Not quite sure what happened Saturday, but recovering from the week was certainly part of it ... then there were other plans; prom tux rental and dinner out at Westbury (cheers Gregg) had something to do with it.N Next thing I knew it became too obvious too late that the wind was definitely sailing worthy and I'd missed the weekend's only good wind day. Oh well, so it goes. But since I pay the price in maintaining gear for with 4-5 sports, there's usually at least one available for every type of weather.

Truth be told, I probably had figured it would be an excellent riding day, and was not counting on wind, so I just prepared to ride.

And excellent riding weather it was, if a little breezy. Did I say breezy? How come I didn't notice it was windy? Well it didn't seem that windy, but as a seasoned wind hunter I should have figured it out earlier, but when you're in the groove riding, you just want to keep it going.


Find more Bike Ride in Port Washington, NY

Wind or not, this was an excellent ride. I'd scoped the reverse route down Harriman to Tideway/Sterling during my son's Tae Kwon Do picnic the previous day. Normally I ride down Sterling and up Harriman, which is brutal. Down Harriman is much more scenic. Up Sterling is an enjoyably long and gradual climb.

If you've never been here, it's worth it just to check out the water views mansions and estates.

Felt great during and after, although the neck tightened up and caused some shoulder, hand and finger nerve soreness and numbness. Better by Thursday/Friday, but not a good sign, will have to back off the road bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment