The option seemed to be ride the exercycle, or the treadmill at the gym, or get home and get the road gear together for a real ride down to the water before sunset. Take advantage of the daylight folks, May, June, July are your friends.
And so, this, above, is obviously not the view in the gym.
It took a while to gather the helmet, the gloves, bottle, wallet, GPS, spare tube, etc., from their respective hiding places, and ... "where did I put that floor pump this time?" ... then pump up the tyres. Never goes smoothly — one day I'll get those pieces all in one place ready to go (you think).
So, for the first ride after surgery and the first ride of the season, it was worth the slight "preparation fru-stress-tion." Down by the point a section of road by the Gatsby mansion, which had been chronically potholed for years, had been re-laid, nothing like smooth ashphalt to sooth a cyclist's heart except even better views, like the one above, just round the point.
I don't often ride this late — usually afternoon — but the day's end had a real treat in store: the departing rain clouds rolled out, and the post-storm "clearing" tip-toed in with nary a ripple on the Sound.
The ride back was strong; got a good out-of-the saddle (OOS) ride up the hill — despite months off the bike. Will soon be going for the KOTM (King Of The [Mountain] very small hill sprint) again, up Lighthouse Rd. I can feel it coming MapMyRiders. (the trick is finding climbs few people do, I reckon) But for now, it was a short OOS followed by a not very illustrious grind.




No comments:
Post a Comment