Could it be? Was I really heading into a north/northwest wind, or was this just "induced" wind? It felt fresh-ish, despite the heat. neck zipper undone, ventilation engaged.
Understand that much in the way of induced or apparent wind for me is not a likely scenario. I am no Bradley Wiggins-type of cyclist here. More like a clydesdale among many local thoroughbreds. Plod, plod.

Had to wait to Lighthouse Road to get the answer to that question, and it wasn't the one I was hoping for.
Nope, not a northwest wind. In fact, quite the reverse, a bit more southwest if anything. So guess what? No tailwind for you on the ride back, you will be riding into the wind. And so yes that really was induced wind, well maybe with a bit of a crosswind mixed in -- it felt dry enough to be from the west.
Either way, enjoy the breeze. If it's going to be close to 90 degrees, you might as well enjoy any cooling breeze you can get, no?
The other good thing about wind — at least not the kind induced by beans or cabbage — is that it also keeps the bugs off when you're going really slowly uphill. That is, if you happen to go uphill as slowly as I have been known to go. Those interior hill roads through the wooded parts of the peninsula have some beastly little blackflies that just orbit the front of your face, and harass your lips, eyes and nostrils. Why do they antagonize the face? I don't know.
But here, out in the real breeze — no flies. Wind= too much work for flies, green heads, mosquitoes and most flying bugs.
But here, out in the real breeze — no flies. Wind= too much work for flies, green heads, mosquitoes and most flying bugs.
Anyway, forget the Strava segment time for this section today; this was meant to be a relaxed ride. So, I stopped for a slug of 'Electro-mix' and to take in the view ... snap a few cell-phone snaps.
Here's a wee panorama — in pieces — without the stitching up.







No comments:
Post a Comment