Nov 28, 2010

Koda Gets a Hill Workout



Koda, or rather I, got a major hill workout with this charge up Beacon Hill via Longview. The views would have been longer if I'd remembered my glasses, but it was better for the eyes that way.

I wasn't sure I could hack this climb, 25-30 minutes in, or whether it would be wise to attempt the summit, what with a few twinges here and there, but Koda was pulling for it and willing me on.


Once he got home he demanded to be let off the leash and bound the last 100 meters. He showcased his old dog/young dog friskiness with a major run-around the house to demonstrate that he had plenty left in the tank. If in dog years he's older than me, it wasn't in the least bit evident. Showoff!

Quads still aching a little from yesterday.

Some major arm tingling from the neck nerve pinch during the beginning of the walk, but things calmed down 30 minutes in.

Took a pass on Advil today, since I had some yesterday and the first part of the day went relatively easily. However late evening walk was a more pain-filled affair for the arm/neck — wrist especially painfuland fingers tingling like an electric current in a cow fence — and it gets into my pectoral and underarm. Nasty stuff would not wish it on anybody.

YESTERDAY WAS ODD

Feeling pretty good after physio but may have tried to bite off too much when vacuuming the basement which had gotten out of control with peeling paint dust, efflorescence, dog hair and crickets, I took the industrial to it and it made an enormous difference, but the rug taunted me with it's total dog hair covering and I went at it for 20 minutes. I think that did my neck in big time.

I'm not sure about some of the physio exercises, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment