I'm not sure the last time I rode this much. But when you've been on the "injured reserve" (IR) for a year and a half; well if you feel good, and your son wants to ride — a lot — you ride.
And if your dog wants to ride, or walk, you do as he directs.
Especially if he can summon a determined visage like this.
Here's a rough snippet of one-handed video rounding the corner at Sands Point end. I can still ride no-handed, so one-handed is nothing remarkable, but a practiced eye will notice that although it looks and sounds almost fast, it's all at a measured pace to avoid potholes or rapid braking.
Sands Point Curve to the Water
Plus a photo of the scene. Pity it came out globby, the white bike parked by the rocks was a mountainbike adorned with an adorable flower-speckled basket. A charming mix of rugged and picturesque.
img_20120512_141159.jpg
Here are a few moments of trail ride with Koda … this was a dog's day in paradise. First a walk in the woods then a run around the green circuit.
Kdog trail walk
SWEAT HEAT ROCKS ROOTS RAIN
I got back on the MTB last August with Gordon, for a brief spurt, but the cervical radiculopathy — which at the time was only about 70-75% recovered — resurfaced, reaggravated in the fall.
An epic late fall “carpentry” session — if you can call measuring, drilling and screwing carpentry — really put me over the edge. 30 reluctant tiny flat head inch long cabinet screws and their bit-busting pilot holes — all drilled and screwed over head level — with a neck that did not want to look up. And I did not own a periscope. Brutal.
I'm surprised I managed four road rides — one on one on Sept. 11, one on Sept. 25, another with a new stem on Oct. 23, and the last on November 13, before the tingling and burning got so bad I shut it down again.
There was also one surfing session, Sept. 25. That paddle out caused a little aggravation, tingling, but with all the golf and biking going on at the same time hard to tell which activity was causing the problem. The wood screwing though, that was the clinker.
So, it was another winter of recuperation.
SUDDEN RELIEF
Things took a dramatic turn for the better in Mid February, and since Gordon was inspired to ride and the weather fair, we took to the trails.
2 rides last two weeks of February
2 recorded rides in March
5 rides in April
and
2 rides so far in May.
It's been a great spring for riding … and dog walking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment