The garden was idyllic tonigt. Marg had done a heck of a job cultivating a meadow like experience. How could you want to go indoors?
Pity the magnolia bloom was a short lived affair, or this would have been spectacular. Now, however, that tree/bush is green as a grashopper, and all about shade and grow, grow, growth.
Looks nice; I should sit in it sometime, but like many outdoorsies, if I am feeling good, I like to keep moving. Walking, or gliding on wheels or water, with wind, gravity, on contours of waves or dirt.
But recently it's been all dirt. The weather has been cool, a little moist, perfect for riding. When it gets hotter, I shall seek the shore and seabreezes more often.
So we didn't stay indoors, or even at home; we stayed out all day; all over the place. First the Bike push to the end of Willowdale/Bayles from Evergreen. Then the MTB ride. Then a barbecue to cap it off.
With daylight slipping away. Not dramatically so, but enough to throw a wrench into dinner BBQ cooing plans, we finally arrived at Stillwell with barely enough time to do two laps of basic blue trail before setting back home to light the charcoal.
And if you are going to ride short, you better ride hard. Or at least hard-er.
Gordy set off at a blistering pace, and I was already feeling the effects of helping push the Ducati around town.
By the second lap I figured I had the seatpost lowered to Gordon's height, and that was bunching my legs up. Higher was a lot better, it allowed the thighs to stretch out and capture more of the leg leverage stroke.
We pushed it harder, and did some whole loops almost non-stop. Just enough to burn between 950 and 1100 calories, which made dinner that much more of an indulgent affair.
The Guardian of the barbecue hung close by to ensure no bikes or chicken was stolen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment