May 6, 2012
Unreal Day, Week, Month
So today,
Just happened to be filling a scrip on Evergreen St. when I saw this dude pushing a bike across the road. A big, heavy Ducati M900 Superbike. And there was Chuck's 'burban, so, with little help from my eyeglasses, I deduced ... it must be Chuck.
After all I know he has a motorbike. And would likely be doing something odd with it other than riding. And it was his street, his car, and roughly his body outline. Not much guesswork needed. ... I guess.
Turns out it needed moving across town into storage. But the gas in it is off, and it won't start. Needs a lot of TLC.
So, for appetizers in today's exercise department, we pushed and tugged Chuck's reluctant Ducati M900 about 1/2 mile. It has wheels; it rolls; should be a piece of cake, right? Nope — it has a ton of rolling resistance, by MTB standards, and it weighs 407 lbs dry. The thing is a true beast.
Koda was along for the walk. and we walked past his first home, the N. Shore Animal League during it's chaotic adoptathon. I said, "Koda be a good brand ambassador!" And he clotheslines a telephone pole, but we did not drop the precious bike.
That bike push sure got the blood and sweat flowing. Humid, and some strong sun in between the clouds, directing adoptathon traffic around so that Chuck could push, at times, the rest of the time pushing, trying to keep a balance point, and not have the dog scoot into the street or entangle himself in any legs, wheels or struts.
A cycle cop checked us out and asked a few questions, and went on his way after we asked if he wanted to give us a tow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment