
Mistake #1 was trying to finesse the wind. The wind — the power in our sails — demands you be there before it blows. It's that simple. Or, if it lulls, stay until it decides to blow again.
Mistake #2, not dressing for it. It might have been warm up on the North Shore but it was cool down there in the breeze.
Still, even if I did not sail, it was great to see the guys at Heckscher today — Frank, Mustang, Al, Bruce, Mike Gersh, Joe — even if I decided not to sail.
Got there a bit late, wind had died and shifted offshore, and although it came back strong later, I was so chilled through I could hardly feel my hands. Not what you want if the wind threatens to shift (backing) offshore again and die and you have to claw your way back in.
So... returned home and went for a great evening run with Ms. Sassypants ZZ Chicken Pot Pie Leashbuster Gigantor. The trial yeilded a a personal best time -- either that, or ZZ Sassypants pulled me along a bit.


No comments:
Post a Comment